Summary: Rust-Oleum Corporation has an immediate opening for a night-shift Material Handler at its production facility in Pleasant Prairie, WI. The Material Handler is responsible for efficiently, accurately, and safely processing raw materials, components, and finished goods, and to distribute materials to the appropriate department by verifying and maintaining documentation on incoming and outgoing shipments, and transporting raw materials, components, and supplies to appropriate departments.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices, such as handtruck, conveyor, or sorting bins.
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter.
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, and shipping, storage, and damage charges, using calculator or price list.
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to work above average overtime and flexible hours.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Aptitude with SAP/WMS System as well as ISO-9001 requirements.
- Appropriate forklift and comparable equipment operating skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly for extended periods.
Additional Consideration Given to Those With:
- Previous shipping/traffic and material handling experience.
- Paint/Coatings/chemical industry knowledge or experience.