Peak Living is currently seeking a qualified Training Specialist to join our team! Under the direction of the Director of Training, the Training Specialist assists in the development, delivery, and administration of company training.
At Peak Living, our employees love where they work. We are a full-service real estate management company with communities across the United States. Peak Living is uniquely positioned for growth as it continues rapid expansion through acquisitions. We believe successful growth is best achieved by developing high quality teams and empowering them in their roles to boost property performance.
Knowledge / Skills / Ability
- Ability to evaluate and fulfill company training needs based on community performance, attention to detail and dedication to maintain training standards.
- Ability to independently establish priorities, manage time effectively, and fulfill assigned objectives and projects.
- Ability to respond to and resolve unexpected problems and handle priority changes in a fast-moving, fluid environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, and Internet.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, strong organization skills, and ability to work well with onsite staff, customers, supervisors, corporate office associates and vendors.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, comprehend, speak and read in English. Bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to comprehend legal documents and train on related rent collections and lease management and all areas of multifamily property management.
- Intermediate level math skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, divide, decimals, fractions, and calculate percentages in order to interpret financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting.
- Demonstrated understanding of property operations with emphasis on lease terms and contract enforcement, including collections.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A minimum of three (3) years multifamily experience, with a minimum of one (1) year in training.
- Familiar with Federal, State and/or local Fair Housing laws.
- College degree preferred. Professional designation (ARM, CAPS, CPM, etc.) is helpful but not required.
- Design, plan, conduct and implement portfolio-wide training programs, policies and procedures.
- Perform administrative tasks
- Create and distribute training schedule, and establish priorities tied to strategic organizational needs and plans for the defined area.
- Conduct regular needs analyses based on various evaluation techniques such as shopping evaluation, internal needs assessments and the like, to determine training needs and priorities.
- Develop methods to transfer information and techniques from the training sessions to actual on-the-job performance.
- Design, implement, update and evaluate training programs and events.
- Organize, coordinate and ensure employee participation in area specific training sessions.
- Offer and coordinate customized training as requested by upper level management.
- Establish and monitor standards and control systems for implementing and evaluating training programs.
- Maintain training resource files and participant attendance records.
- Coordinate and implement transitional training for property takeovers and other training needs associated with the acquisition of properties.
- Serve as an ambassador and role model of the company (you're always in the spotlight)!
- Coordinate the shopping evaluation program, which includes scheduling evaluations, placing orders, analyzing results, distributing completed evaluations and communicating areas of concern.
- Implement or direct implementation of all policies and procedures as outlined in the procedures manual.
- Remain informed of trends in the apartment industry and in the training and development fields.
- Develop, implement and monitor company contests/awards.
- Coordinate the logistical planning and implementation of area meetings, awards banquets and corporate social programs.
- Perform and/or assist with special projects as needed by upper level management.
Peak Living offers a competitive compensation package including quarterly bonuses, health, vision, dental and life insurance and discounted rent program.