To perform all of the required layout, machining, sub-assembly, part dimensional checking to verify conformance to drawings, sketches, etc. Also responsible for disassembly, inspection and assembly of turbomachinery equipment.
To set up and operate various machines and equipment to produce parts and sub-assemblies. Disassembly, inspection and assembly of turbomachinery equipment. Some of them are as follows: layout machines, vertical boring mills - manual and n/c controlled, horizontal boring mills, planner milling machines, measuring devices, hand tools, jib hoist, overhead crane, fork lift trucks, pedestal tool grinders, deburring tools, fixtures, radial drill press and angular drill press, manual vertical boring mills, personal computer, etc.
Note: Some or all of the Working Procedures may vary, depending on the project and customer requirements.
- Works from drawings, sketches, work order books and verbal instructions.
- Lays out work and makes sketches of parts, as required.
- Sets up various machines by installing and adjusting tools, setting stops, setting feeds and speeds, etc.
- Positions part in machine.
- Performs various turning, boring, facing, milling, drilling, reaming, tapping, sawing, slotting, chamfering, grooving, spot facing, grinding, etc., operations.
- Perform milling on vertical and horizontal boring mills.
- Checks part with measuring devices.
- Stamps identification on component parts.
- Cleans, deburrs, laps, polishes, etc.
- Assembles and disassembles parts as required.
- Modify or create new fixtures, tools, balance arbors, balance plats and drive adaptors, adjusts, changes and dresses tools as required.
- Grinds tools from blanks.
- Dismantles repairs and reassembles production components and equipment where possible.
- Uses jib hoist or pendant crane as required.
- Lubricates machines as required, wipes and keeps machine, tools and work place clean.
- Maintains good housekeeping by keeping tools, material and equipment in proper place.
- Reports defective material and equipment to supervision.
- Observes all safety rules.
- Assembles sealing rings and strips.
- Operates riding work saver.
- Reverse engineering and create drawings to manufacture replacement parts for the repair of machinery.
- Research, design and create new tool drawings for manufacturing requirements.
- Manufacture, modify, re-sharpen tooling in support manufacturing.
- Inspect rework parts, gather data and advise engineering on best procedure to correct out of tolerance dimensions.
- Plot locations using a/an conversational and NC control unit on a/an lathe (horizontal/vertical) and mill (horizontal/vertical).
- Disassemble turbomachinery equipment.
- Inspection of used parts.
- Assembly of turbomachinery equipment.
- Five plus years of experience and adept at machining ferrous and non-ferrous materials using manual, vertical and horizontal lathes, milling machines, turrets and grinders.
- Must be able to read blueprints and set-up manual lathes and turrets in accordance to customer / engineering specifications.
- Must be proficient with measuring equipment
- Prior machining of steam turbine components and centrifugal or axial compressor components preferred.
- NDT or balancing experience and training is preferred.
- Skilled Trade certification or Journeyman papers are preferred.
- Veterans with machinist mate experience encouraged to apply.
Elliott is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States. Elliott is a drug free workplace.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Elliott Group employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Elliott Group recruiting team will become the property of Elliott Group and no search fees will be paid.