WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?
Are you someone who likes helping others, especially in times of need? Do you pride yourself on finding solutions and solving problems, by being a good listener and critical thinker? This is your opportunity to give those passions and talents new purpose by applying them to meaningful work at The Hartford.
The Long Term Disability Analyst, primarily investigates claims to determine if the insured person qualifies for long-term benefits and works with them on a treatment plan to return to work as soon as responsibly possible. The Long Term Disability Analyst supports our mission of helping our customers rebuild their lives after an unexpected event or illness happens while following corporate claim standards, policies and procedures, and statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
Location: Plantation, Florida
Start Date: 1/6/2020
Training Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM / Monday-Friday
Length of Training: 7 Weeks
Work Hours After Training: Monday-Friday; core business hours with flexible start and end times
- Work with internal and external customers to retrieve and relay information relevant to long-term disability claims
- Provide exceptional customer service using professional written and verbal communication skills
- Gather information, make sound decisions and draw appropriate conclusions using critical thinking and mathematical aptitude
- Utilize business acumen and technical expertise to make ethical decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience and judgment, with management oversight
- Maintain a dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Help to create a positive team environment that achieves Group Benefit Claims Diversity and Inclusion initiatives and objectives
- Minimum of 1 year of experience providing quality customer service required
- Minimum of 1 year of claim experience a plus!
- Medical terminology is a plus!
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Exceptional problem solving
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain a high-level of quality and accuracy, while meeting productivity targets in a fast-paced environment
- Thrives in a structured team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with the ability to navigate multiple systems simultaneously
- HS Diploma/GED required, Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
Training Requirements: As a condition of employment, you will be required to successfully complete a multi-week New Hire Training Course and, upon completion, obtain a passing score on the final course assessment. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon you successfully passing the exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the New Hire Training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age