Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Sales Compensation Analyst you will be responsible for providing key operational support for Splunk’s Sales Incentive program. You will support the sales compensation function by building processes and auditing capabilities to ensure the integrity of the data and systems that will support the implementation of Splunk’s Sales Compensation Plans. Primary responsibilities include analyzing the current state of Splunk’s sales compensation process, determining what’s working and what’s not, and providing recommendations for process improvement. Additionally, you will be responsible for the development of dashboards and reports focused on the performance of Sales Compensation program and provide sales management with visibility to sales incentive metrics.
- Analyze existing sales compensation processes and find opportunities for improvement
- Define requirements to be implemented in the systems that support Splunk’s sales compensation process
- Partner with cross functional teams to implement process improvements and auditing capabilities
- Participate in system/UAT testing of new features implemented in sales compensation system
- Develop capabilities and processes to monitor data integrity and quality in support of Splunk’s monthly commission process
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the data and metrics used in Splunk’s sales compensation process
- Build compensation dashboards and reports to provide sales management with visibility to sales incentive trends and performance
- Establish reporting cadence for sales compensation data (e.g. quota attainment distribution, stack ranking, earnings attainment, etc.)
- Analyze monthly and quarterly incentive payouts and identify outliers and areas of concern
- Partner with Finance to analyze commission/bonus payout trends and ROI of Splunk’s Sales Incentive program
- Develop a model to compare sales performance against existing and new Sales Compensation Plans in support of fiscal year planning
- Perform QoQ/YoY analysis of sales incentive data to identify trends and benchmark them against industry trends
- Assist on special projects to improve and enhance Splunk’s Sales Incentive program
- 8+ years of experience working in a Sales Compensation and/or Sales Operations role
- Experience participating in and delivering process improvements
- Ability to partner, collaborate, and influence across a wide spectrum of functions that are part of the incentive compensation management process
- Knowledge of industry standard compensation plan elements in enterprise software (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, and on-target earnings) is required
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership for projects and drive to completion with minimal supervision
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Ability to accurately compile and analyze both quantitative and qualitative data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment and manage a high workload
- Experience working with SPM tools: Xactly, Anaplan, Callidus, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is preferred, MBA a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.