Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. This role will serve as the HR Business Partner for the Global Commercial, providing HR expertise and guidance in the areas of HR & business strategy, culture change, organization design, leadership coaching, succession/pipeline planning, talent assessment/engagement for the Commercial Leaders and their teams. This position reports into the Global HR Leader for Integrated DC Power.
- Support directly the Global Sales Leaders and their teams
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees & managers and provide leadership, coaching and support for individual employee needs & HR processes, including consulting on sales incentive plans
- Advise leaders on approaches, processes and procedures
- Communicate effectively with business partners and client groups on approaches and methods for solving complex problems
- Lead and manage projects and provide outstanding customer service to client groups
- Be responsible for providing expertise and guidance in all areas of organization support, including: Strategic HR partnership with the Business Leaders and his/her direct reports to develop and execute both long-term and short-term HR strategies that directly support and enable business objectives
- Provide timely, effective and direct coaching to client group people leaders, assisting in the development of world class, contemporary leadership skills
- Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities; act as an employee advocate; help drive various business initiatives
- Identify recruiting needs, develop sources of qualified candidates; facilitate screening, testing and selection of applicants with management
- Be responsible for investigations, conflict resolution, employee communications and management coaching within client group
- Lead succession planning and talent development strategies for the function, identifying critical roles and preparing potential talent and pipelines for mentoring, training, etc.
- Lead the business and HR team through critical HR operating rhythms including People Reviews and compensation planning
- Be responsible for other HR responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Psychology, Business or related field from an accredited university or college; Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive experience a variety of Human Resource positions with increasing scope
- ABB will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Master's degree or MBA
- Knowledge of ABB's human resources processes such as People Review, PD, salary planning Experience supporting a geographically dispersed client group
- Experience in delivering training on topics such as appraisals, interviewing skills and career development
- Ability to support senior managers, confidence in building high-level relationships and demonstrated ability to push back on senior level managers when appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage in a matrixed organization and work independently with little direction, take initiative, capable of handling multiple projects and conflicting priorities
- Clear and critical thinker, translates strategies to actionable plans, aligns HR objectives to business needs, follows through to ensure completion
- Problem solving and analytical skills, strong process orientation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentations to employees
- Facilitation and change management skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution, interpersonal, influential and leadership
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, meeting objectives and timelines
- Demonstrated experience in making strategic HR decisions, assessing leadership talent and effectively interfacing with high-level business and operations leaders
- Developed (oral and written) communication and diplomacy skill set with the ability to negotiate and influence at a high level both internally and externally
- Prior experience in a complex Human Resource leadership role