The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for leading assigned Quality Assurance Analysts in support of the software development lifecycle process, change management, testing/quality assurance environments and production releases. The QA Manager is accountable for ensuring consistent quality assurance practices and testing procedures, meeting release/project deadlines and maintaining quality standards. The QA Manager works directly with Development Managers and Release Management Director to oversee all testing efforts and ensure overall software product quality and customer expectations are met consistently and in a timely manner.
- Manage employees on the assigned testing team(s) by addressing performance issues, conducting regular reviews, and participating in the hiring of staff.
- Establish and implement quality metrics, practices and reporting standards to continually improve the QA process in use by the department.
- Manage quality assurance timelines and testing efforts to meet committed delivery dates.
- Advise QA staff on appropriate test scope, test case preparation and considerations to meet expectations and commitments.
- Work with Development and Product Managers to understand requirements and plan the execution strategy of features in an Agile development environment
- Manage and respond to software quality assurance issues with related groups such as Development, Release Management, CS, Professions Services, Maintenance QA and Support.
- Anticipate quality issues and take corrective action to resolve issues, escalating as needed.
- Actively manage code updates to the QA test environments throughout the release testing cycle.
- Establish and implement quality metrics, practices and standards to continually improve the QA process in use by the department.
- Hire and retain strong talent; interview and hire QA team members
- Develop and deliver QA Workshops to promote team environment, consistent QA practices and continuing education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, computer science or similar, or comparable work experience.
- Seven or more years of experience in quality assurance.
- Five or more years experience in a lead role or management position.
- Three or more years’ of Tyler software a plus.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication and project management skills.
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.
- Desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycles, software quality assurance processes and automated tools.
- Occasional travel may be required.