Presales Engineer, AppSec - Central
At Micro Focus, we help organizations run and transform themselves in a constantly changing world. We are a pure-play software company, meaning we have a level of focus that other technology companies don't have. From the ground up, we are built to sell and support software. We provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. Our software solutions include Enterprise DevOps Hybrid IT Management, Security, Risk & Governance, and Predictive Analytics.
Our mission is simple—by bridging the gap between existing and emerging technologies, we help organizations innovate faster, with less risk, in a world that's constantly changing.
- Everything we do is based on the idea that the quickest and safest way to get results is to build on what you have. And our software does just that.
- Our software bridges the gap between existing and emerging technologies, but our people make this happen.
- We are committed to driving innovation and we value collaboration, partnership, and leadership.
- We promote teamwork, diversity, and integrity, and we honor our commitments to conduct business fairly and respectfully.
Everyone here—all of us around the globe who build, sell, and support our software—are committed to their success.
Role of a Specialist Presales Technical Consultant
A Technical Consultant (TC) will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and be primarily responsible for supporting the sales cycles with detailed, deep technical domain expertise within a particular solution area or a cross solutions. They would establish a technical understanding and match between Micro Focus solutions and a prospect's needs through use of compelling software demonstrations, outline of technical architectures, input to RFI/RFPs, and conduct Proof of Concepts (POCs).
As one of the key focus areas, the Security, Risk & Governance product group is adding new customers every year with varying levels of technical complexities by helping them address needs across breach defense, managing of identities, securing applications, compliance and protecting data. A specialist level TC is expected to apply developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. They will work on problems of diverse complexity and scope while acting as a team. At times they will serve as a project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitate information validation and team decision making process. Individuals will need to exercise independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. They will be ability to handle most unique situations and may seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Help execute basic Business Development activities.
- Participate in Territory/Account planning meetings.
- Help identify potential opportunities based on known technical requirements of customers.
- Participate in opportunity planning meetings as required.
- Identify potential opportunities based on known technical requirements.
- Support opportunity discovery.
- Scope, create, and deliver custom software presentations and demonstrations.
- Research and help complete technical RFx responses. Participates in the final review of the RFx response.
- Lead portions of technical design sessions. Document as-is and desired future state.
- Create technical solution deliverables and delivers the presentation of the recommended solution.
- Lead the completion of the technical validation by scoping the technical validation and creating the detailed test plan of the evaluation. Conduct the evaluation per SOW, assists in the execution of the test plan, presents the findings and reiterates solution benefits.
- Support business validation.
- Ask appropriate problem identification, requirements and environment questions.
- Evaluate alternative solutions rigorously to identify potential implications/ problems before making a final recommendation or decision.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a presales or professional services role and/or 4 years of IT experience related Security, Risk and Governance.
- Technical or Business Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of security technology & solutions, with general expertise in one or two areas of Identity and Access Management (IAM), Information Management, Application Security, Data Security and/or Information Security.
- Previous experience with any of the Micro Focus Security, Risk and Governance products or competing solutions is preferred but not required.
- Industry recognized security-focused certification (CISSP, CCSP, OSCP, CEH, SANS Certs, and Comp TIA) is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrates general understanding of enterprise application infrastructure (Web Servers, Application Servers, Databases, Big Data concepts, Web Services, Messaging, etc.).
- General understanding of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework or other Risk Management Frameworks preferred but not required.
- Soft Skills (excellent oral and written communication) required.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status