This is a programming position that is dedicated to providing post-release software troubleshooting and defect remediation. The Maintenance Software Engineer provides a second level of technical escalation for client issues and can therefore have an immediate impact on customer satisfaction by resolving complex issues quickly and accurately.
- Performs maintenance coding (i.e., bug-fixing) on existing Tyler systems applications.
- Provides technical support to the support team and project management in order to troubleshoot end-user application program problems.
- Provides feedback to the development organization, as necessary, regarding common programming errors that are identified.
- Efficiently and accurately diagnose and resolve a broad array of high priority software defects as they are escalated through client support, implementation, and project management.
- Effectively communicate with other parts of the organization when issue details are unclear, work quickly to find the underlying cause of an issue, and then formulate and implement a solution.
- Provide a level of root cause analysis to identify problematic areas in an application that could be enhanced to prevent future client issues.
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- BS/BA degree preferred or equivalent technology experience.
- Knowledge of best practices, procedures and software of agile development lifecycles
- General experience or knowledge of business concepts/processes, relational database concepts, software design concepts, and database modeling.
- Solid understanding of a software project life cycle and associated methodologies.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent problem solving skills, and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively work with clients’ business issues.
- Proficiency in the following areas:
- VB/VB Script
- SQLVisual Studio