loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. We take the responsibility of being the second largest non-bank lender seriously. loanDepot’s long term commitment begins at origination continuing with long term support through our in house servicing teams. Our loanDepot servicing division puts our customers first, promotes teamwork & provides our employees with the fuel needed to succeed in their careers. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for establishing strategic plans and objectives for the Escrow Analysis team. Ensures the team is providing and maintaining various functions associated with the management of Escrow Analysis. Oversees team to ensure appropriate process of all escrow analysis exception reporting. Provides inter-departmental customer service for any escrow inquiries. Follows through to resolve any complex and escalated issues that may have any adverse effects. This position ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Serves as point of contact for the team and provides direction and oversight to ensure all deliverables are achieved.
- Oversees and directs team to ensure adherence to RESPA, state, investor (GSE) and department procedures.
- Ensures research associated with customer related inquiries regarding escrow analysis are completed timely and that root cause is determined.
- Ensures Escrow Analysis are completed within the annual computation year, and not to exceed twelve (12) months.
- Ensures all tasks are completed within task SLA.
- Oversees Capital Markets and Post Closing throughout the loan package sale process.
- Engages with counterparties to develop seamless releases for our customers.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in nonstandardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Recent experience in inside or outside sales working within an origination platform originating mortgage loans required.
- Experience in operations or operations management experience preferred.
- BKFS MSP experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and a minimum of ten (10) + years’ experience working in a similar field.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.