WorldVentures is looking for key roles as it transforms the organization across sales, travel, marketing, internal systems and development.
The Developer Operations (DevOps) Sr Manager will report directly to the CTO and have responsibility for building our DevOps team and owning the continuous integration, testing and delivery of WorldVentures platforms and code. You will be the hands-on technical leader for a team including DevOps and Build Engineers on our AWS and Azure Cloud environments.
The Developer Operations (DevOps) Sr Manager must have a strong mix of business, technology and process skills and knowledge with the ability to build and lead an equally strong team of agile experts to drive the enterprise. The position is a highly visible role in the organization and will need to be comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced innovative environment operating with senior executives.
- Build and operationally manage all services, including the orchestration/automation layer, across both our Azure and AWS Cloud environments.
- Manage and maintain software defined infrastructure environment, configuration and build scripts for all development, quality, acceptance, and production environments.
- Work with engineering to better refine automated provisioning through analysis of application patterns/workflow.
- Develop, maintain and improve delivery pipelines for features, fixes and system updates in development, integration and production environments.
- Work closely with the development, mobile, and data services teams to ensure products are being built to utilize AWS and Azure features and functionality and incorporate the latest and best approaches to modern cloud-based systems.
- Ensure automation of release pipelines and environments across a multitude of development teams and technology stacks, including legacy environments and moving those to cloud-based systems and approaches.
- Perform routine and unexpected maintenance on the teams, tools and services, including troubleshooting performance and functional issues with the development, engineering and other IT teams.
- 5+ years of development or DevOps experience in a leadership role.
- 2+ years of hands-on DevOps and deployment experience with Azure and AWS Cloud (both preferred) using a variety of PaaS and IaaS technologies and tools.
- Deep technical knowledge of cloud infrastructures and networking, including load balances, application gateways, firewalls as well as experience with AWS and Azure management and monitoring APIs and tools.
- Expertise in continuous integration, build, and deployment pipelines such as Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Azure Pipelines and implementation of infrastructure as code, including cloud infrastructure management using Terraform, ARM, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with version control and code repository tools such as GitLab, GitHub, Subversion, TFS, etc. with a deep understanding of source code branches, create, delete, merge and create pull requests.
- Experience with Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, and other container technologies on AWS and Azure.
- Experience with cloud-based data technologies including AWS RDS, Azure SQL, Couchbase, Elasticsearch, Graph, Redis, etc.
- Windows and Linux systems and scripting experience - PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.
- Possesses ability to work in an agile environment with minimum guidance.
- Familiar with security concerns (server hardening, two-factor authentication, SSL, VPN) and understanding of controls and processes to meet specific compliance needs such as PCI, GDPR, PDPA, SOX, etc.
- Passionate about the internal customer and developer experience, problem solving, automation and innovation.
- Understanding of monitoring and application performance setup and management in cloud-based systems, including tools such as Azure App Insights, New Relic, Datadog, Runscope, etc. and the ability to adjust scaling and react to operational challenges over time.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree required, preferably in a related discipline.
WorldVentures is a privately held company based in Plano, Texas with active representatives and members in over 40 countries. WorldVentures proudly offers competitive salaries and benefits including but not limited to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life / AD&D, FSA, 401K and a robust vacation and holiday package. In addition, all full-time employees automatically receive a WorldVentures membership at no cost to allow employees access to our exclusive DreamTrips group travel experiences.