A Department Management is a first-level supervisor/manager in our stores. The Department Manager contributes to company’s success by having a “team leader” hands-on involvement in the day-to-day department operations. The Department Manager effectively leads a shift while ensuring department operational excellence. The Department Manager may be responsible for the opening or closing procedures of the department in coordination with Store Director and or Assistant Store Director. Must be able to work a variety of hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
Department Management positions include/Puesto(s) incluidas son:
· Meat Management / Gerencia de Carniceria
· Bakery Management / Gerencia de Panaderia
· Restaurant Management / Gerencia de Restaurante
· Tortilleria Management / Gerencia de Tortilleria
· Bulk Deli Cheese Management / Gerencia de Carnes Frias y Cremeria
· Seafood Management / Gerencia de Mariscos
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Department Manager Responsibilities, but not limited to this:
- Create an environment of outstanding guest service every day.
- A must can do positive attitude
- Conduct store walk-thru at the beginning and end of the shift including multiple times throughout the shift.
- Lead varies departments throughout the day as needed
- Coach the Team Members to ensure flawless shift execution.
- Perform cycle counts and out of stock counts as per company guidelines
- Ensure closing procedures are performed daily
- Open or close of the store
- Perform inventory and product ordering as needed.
- Follow cash-handling policies and procedures as outlined in the Cash Handling policy.
- Assist with New Hire Orientation and Employee Training and developing
- Responsible for the training and development of employees.
- Act with integrity, honesty and leadership that promotes El Super / Fiesta Mart values.
- Manage time effectively while meeting all job responsibilities.
- Check food quality and food temperatures throughout the day to maintain company and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point rules and regulations.
- Provide coaching and feedback to crew members and assess performance on an ongoing basis and discipline when necessary.
- Lead and motivate Team Members through positive and respectful leadership.
- Lead a positive team environment by recognizing and reinforcing individual and team accomplishments.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality and follow code of conduct.
- Help cross train crew members in all departments
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Department Manager assists in the supervision and leadership of Team Members to comply with the organization's policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations. Responsibilities include assisting in training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; ensuring meal and rest periods are provided; motivating staff; noting performance discrepancies/policy violations during shift; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. El Super / Fiesta Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made as needed to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2 years of quick serve/fast casual restaurant or retail operations experience.
- Experienced in a training role.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekend shifts, and holidays.
- Minimum age: 18 or older
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Guest-focused approach to business.
- Detail and action oriented.
- Demonstrates integrity, trust, ethics and values.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to follow all safety, health and sanitation procedures.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Must complete certification process successfully.
- Must be able to take direction and delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Must be able to maintain command of their shifts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable, team-oriented, dependable and strong work ethic.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to successfully pass background and drug test.
Grocery experience is a plus.
Preferred Field of Expertise
- Ability to follow company customer service procedures.
- Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
- Ability to interact with customers and coworkers.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. El Super / Fiesta Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made as needed to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
Continuously, throughout the shift while stocking and facing product.
Continuously, throughout the day, while moving about the store and obtaining product from the warehouse.
Rarely, may sit on the store floor to face and stock product.
Intermittently, throughout the course of the day, utilization of a step stool or a twostep metal step stool with locking wheels may be necessary to access higher level product or shelving.
Continuously, throughout the day while loading and unloading product, shelving products, facing products, and cleaning.
Frequently, while stocking, facing or cleaning items or shelving near or on the floor level.
Under 10 lbs. – Continuously, small items such as individual products.
11 to 25 lbs. - Continuously, larger products
26 to 40 lbs. - Frequently, boxes of various product are often in this weight range.
41 to 55 lbs - Less Frequently, boxes of product such as liquid detergent
Over 55 lbs. - Less Frequently, larger boxes that are broken down from pallets in the warehouse.
(Employees are encouraged to team lift)
Under 10 lbs. – Continuously, moving small items from carts to the shelving.
11 to 25 lbs. - Continuously, moving larger products from carts to shelving
26 to 40 lbs. - Frequently, moving product boxes to the floor from the warehouse.
41 to 55 lbs - Less Frequently, moving larger product boxes onto the floor using carts and bins.
Over 55 lbs. - Less Frequently, moving larger boxes from pallets in the warehouse.
(Employees are encouraged to team carry or use available roller carts)
Intermittently, while utilizing two different types of step stools.
Less Frequently, pulling boxes of product will vary regarding pressure exerted. The pressure will increase based upon the surface and the friction of the pull. The pressure will increase if the surface is a pallet as opposed to the concrete floor. Pulling roller carts filled with product was measured at less than 4 lbs of pressure exerted as is similar with rolling bins of product or cardboard. (Employees are encouraged to push rather than pull)
Intermittently, pushing boxes of product. Pushing rolling bins. Pushing roller carts filled with product was measured at less than 3 lbs. of pressure. (Employees are encouraged to push rather than pull)
Frequently, facing and stocking product. Cleaning shelving and warehouse area.
Frequently, facing and stocking product. Cleaning shelving and the warehouse area.
Above shoulder height – Frequently, facing and stocking product. Cleaning responsibilities.
At shoulder height – Frequently, facing and stocking product. Cleaning responsibilities.
Below shoulder height – Frequently, facing and stocking product. Cleaning responsibilities.
Frequently, facing and stocking product. Cleaning responsibilities.
Q. EYE, HAND, FOOT COORDINATION:
Occasionally to frequently, facing product. Using the pallet jack. Opening boxes with box cutters.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK AIDS:
Roller Carts, rolling bins, two step metal step stools with locking wheels, box cutters, manual pallet jack, power pallet jack ( if certified), apron.
WORKING AROUND MOVING MACHINERY:
Forklift, power pallet jack.
MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS:
Items consistent with working within a grocery store.
100% indoors: inside of the market or the warehouse. Warehouse temperatures are indicated up to 95 degrees.
HAND COORDINATION: (when applicable)
Right hand, left hand, both hands, how often and how long.
Major hand - Dominant hand, continuously, throughout the day while performing all job duties.
Fine Manipulation - Less Frequently, while working with product.
Gross Manipulation- Frequently, holding product.
Simple Grasping - Continuously, holding various products or cleaning supplies.
Power Grip- Continuously, while moving larger items, rolling carts, or rolling bins.
NOTE: Additional responsibilities within the position’s purpose may be assigned. El Super / Fiesta Mart reserves the right to change this job description at any time based on business conditions and needs.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will“ relationship.