We're in search of a candidate who knows about and loves working with modern data integration frameworks, big data and cloud technologies. Candidates must also be proficient with data programming languages (e.g., Python and SQL). The Yum! data engineer will build a variety of data pipelines and models to support advanced AI/ML analytics projects - with the intent of elevating the customer experience and driving revenue and profit growth in our restaurants globally.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Partner with KFC, Pizza Hut, & Taco Bell to identify opportunities to leverage company data to drive business outcomes.
- Play key role in our advance analytics team developing data-driven solutions, responsible for driving Yum Growth.
- Develop and maintain global data models by analyzing use cases and applications at Yum! and across our brands (KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell).
- Design and develop scalable data ingestion frameworks to transform a variety of
- large data sets.
- Own end-to-end delivery of raw and trained data sets to and from brand cloud environments.
- Integrate with Yum! data platform architecture by building applications using open-source frameworks such as Apache Spark, containerized applications (i.e. Kubernetes), and Apache Airflow.
- Build and maintain data integration utilities, data scheduling and monitoring capabilities, source-to-target mappings and data lineage trees.
- Implement and manage production support processes around data lifecycle, data quality, coding utilities, storage, reporting and other data integration points.
- Maintain system performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating and installing new releases; performing routine maintenance; and answering user questions.
- Lead technical teams and projects to deliver projects and accomplish business and
- IT objectives.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of data engineering and data warehousing experience.
- 4+ years of experience working in technical project teams and delivering outcomes.
- 2+ years of experience building cloud data solutions (e.g. on Azure, AWS, GCP) and using services such as storage, virtual machines, serverless technologies and parallel processing technologies. Cloud certifications are a plus.
- Deep experience with designing and deploying end-to-end solutions with cloud analytic services including storage, elastic computing, databases, serverless technologies, microservices, and AI/ML frameworks.
- Deep experience with open-source tools such as Kubernetes, Apache Airflow and Apache Spark.
- Background in data with experience in architecture, data modeling, data engineering or data governance using all types of databases.
- Working knowledge of agile development, including DevOps concepts.
- Experience with cloud SDKs and programmatic access services.
- Proficiency in a relevant data/development language for cloud platforms (e.g., R, Python, Java and C#/Unix).
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required.
The Yum! Brands story is simple. We have the three distinctive, relevant and easy global brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell -- born from the hopes and dreams, ambitions and grit of passionate entrepreneurs. And we want more of this to create our future!
As the world's largest restaurant company we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world's most love, trusted and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results.
We're looking for talented, motivated, visionary and team-oriented leaders to join us as we elevate and personalize the customer experience across our 48,000 restaurants, operating in 145 countries and territories around the world!
We put pizza, chicken and tacos in the hands of customers through customized ordering, unique delivery approaches, app experiences, and click and collect services and consumer data analytics creating unique customer dining experiences – and we are only getting started.
Employees may work for a single brand and potentially grow to support all company-owned brands depending on their role. Regardless of where they work, as a company opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide, the growth opportunities are endless. Taco Bell has been named of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company; Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world and KFC's still use its 75-year-old finger lickin' good recipe including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day.
Yum! and its brands have offices in Chicago, IL, Louisville KY, Irvine, CA, Plano, TX and other markets around the world. We don't just say we are a great place to work – our commitments to the world and our employees show it. Yum! has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine in addition to being named to the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. Our employees work in an environment where the value of “believe in all people“ is lived every day, enjoying benefits including but not limited to: 4 weeks' vacation PLUS holidays, sick leave and 2 paid days to volunteer at the cause of their choice and a dollar-for-dollar matching gift program; generous parental leave; competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 6% 401k match – all encompassed in Yum!'s world-famous recognition culture.