Benchmark takes pride in providing excellent customer service and the most efficient loan process to our borrowers. Processors are an integral part of this by working as a bridge between the Loan Officer and Underwriter, handling processing tasks that range from loan set up to coordinating closing logistics.
Ideal candidates for this position have a strong service-oriented mindset, excellent communication skills, and proven organizational skills.
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Manage a pipeline of loan packages for the Loan Officer or Branch.
- Review initial loan approval and work with the borrower to gather appropriate documentation.
- Ensure all collected documentation meets required guidelines pertinent to the processing and underwriting of the loan.
- Strive for on-time closing by completing all required pre-closing steps and submitting the loan file to underwriting.
- Satisfy conditions when received from underwriting.
- Communicate with applicants and business partners (Loan Officers, Production Partners, Underwriting, attorneys, title companies, etc.) regarding loan status.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to analyze credit reports, income and asset documents
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Minimum one years experience processing government and Fannie Mae loans.
- Encompass experience a plus.
Education / Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Requires normal vision (corrected) both close and distant.
- Requires normal hearing levels (corrected).
- Requires working at a desk to use a phone and computer for extended periods of time.
- Requires sitting, bending.
- Works effectively with frequent interruptions.
- Lifting requirements of 10 lbs. occasionally.
- Minimal travel <5%.
Along with a great culture and competitive pay, at Benchmark our full-time employees are eligible for additional benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off
- 7 paid holidays and an additional floating holiday
- Short-term and long-term disability
- 401k with a Company match
- Company-provided life insurance
- AND MORE!
Pay: $60,000 - $70,000 annually depending on experience, and may be eligible for a per file bonus