Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Cloud Enablement Engineer I for our Plano, TX facility or San Antonio, TX Convent Street location.
This role will be critical in the successful rollout, development, implementation and execution of the Bank IT Cloud Enablement team. The candidate MUST have excellent working and conceptional knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure). A working knowledge of DynamoDB is highly desired. Candidate will need to be comfortable setting up new frameworks, working with executive teams, working with minimal direction and able to inspire confidence in others.
Provides support to the Enterprise and has an opportunity to significantly impact organizational growth and effectiveness through delivering best in class technology solutions. Engaged in all phases of the software systems and application development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing requirements, designing, testing, documenting and implementing software, responding to outages. Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensure these risks are effectively identified and escalated to be measured, monitored and controlled.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test complex technical solutions collaborating with senior engineers.
- May lead code/design reviews to ensure smooth daily operations and accurate planning at a team level.
- May begin to organize work and lead team to deliver features and solutions.
- Resolves complex production issues with independence by troubleshooting complex applications and systems independently.
- May begin mentoring junior engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum in lieu of a degree. Or Certification from an approved technical field of study.
- 4 years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s)
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Working knowledge of DynamoDB
Once the team framework has been established, day to day activities will include but not limited to:
- Assist Dev teams in getting started with Cloud
- Analyze and recommend use cases for development
- Promote changes to production environment
- Troubleshoot issues
- Develop tools to enable development productivity
- Coordinate with other Cloud enablement teams
- Guide dev teams through cloud request process (Dev & Prod)
- Setup accounts/users on existing products
- COE for Cloud; evaluate/assist with design
- Coordinate with the PI team to request new cloud services
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.