Remaining adaptable and innovative are two pillars of Benchmark’s Dynamic core value. The Application Helpdesk Specialist will embody both of these characteristics in the daily responsibilities of providing technical assistance and support related to computer applications. This position assists with on-boarding and off-boarding technical support, reporting, and process improvement identification.
Ideal candidates for this position have a strong service-oriented mindset, high level of problem-solving abilities, broad technical expertise and ability to prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Serve as the first point of contact for end users seeking application support.
- Escalate issues to the next level of support according to support processes.
- Identify training opportunities through help desk activity and submit recommendations to management.
- Assist IT Helpdesk with employee on-boarding, off-boarding, and general support tickets.
- Report and manage support issues with Ellie Mae.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Solid time management skills
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Ability to analyze a problem and apply problem-solving skills to resolve the issue
- Proven customer service and communication skills
- Working knowledge of ticketing systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365, Mimecast, and a ticketing system
- One year of business application helpdesk experience required.
- Experience with Encompass and Zendesk preferred.
- Associate’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience required.
- Collaborative team environment.
- Requires normal vision (corrected) both close and distant.
- Requires normal hearing levels (corrected).
- Requires working at a desk to use a phone and computer for extended periods of time.
- Requires sitting, bending.
- Works effectively with frequent interruptions.
- Lifting requirements of 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Casual dress code.