Sr. Supervisor Procurement
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future. Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters.
Direct line responsibility of strategic and tactical procurement organizations and reporting directly to the Director of OPS and Supply Chain. Experience with government procurement is required. The senior supervisor will need to be able to effectively represent supply chain status and strategies to internal and external customers. Their primary focus will be on developing World class procurement organizations and establishing an optimal supply base. Key gaps that need to be addressed revolve around coaching and personnel development of individual contributors and establishment and execution of effective commodity strategies. Having an understanding of MRP and material planning is important in order to be effective.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Lead Material proposals to ensure key deliverables are met and data is effectively and accurately gathered and assembled for our material proposals. Support proposals with required justifications and artifacts, and participate in customer and DCAA/DCMA audits where required.
- Lead Purchasing team of buyers for material replenishment, supplier performance, continuous improvement, and cost savings objectives.
- Develop commodity strategy as applicable including strategic procurement activities, supplier rationalization, best-value sourcing, long term agreement (LTA) establishment, vendor managed material, small business requirements (SBA) including minority small business and disadvantaged business procurements.
- Establish new supply sources and capabilities as required to support business needs.
- Supervision of personnel, which includes selection, work allocation, training, development and problem resolution; evaluate performance, coach and mentor employees to achieve peak productivity and performance
- Collaborate with management and employees on Excellence and execution deployment, continuous improvement ideas, innovative concepts to promote creativity; consistently work with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business
- Partner with internal and external peers, subordinates and executive management, requiring negotiation of critical matters and promote improvement ideas that can influence policy decisions.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
- Coordinate, schedule and facilitate as applicable Root Cause Problem Solving activities for own work area as well as for other areas to enhance cross-functional problems solving; utilize BPI resources as appropriate for lean events.
- Develop, track and report Key Performance Indicators; meet all performance targets, react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Travel Required: up to 30% based on business needs
- Leadership skills: ability to lead with integrity, honesty and trust; ability to deliver reliable, leading edge solutions that exceed expectations; ability to act with energy, passion and responsibility; ability to collaborate to leverage and align all elements of the organization; ability to inspire every employee to reach his or her full potential and achieve excellence;
- Negotiations skills: ability to approach negotiations strategically, understand power and trade-offs, and develop optimal win-win and win-lose scenarios that benefit the organization.
- Strategic thinking talent: ability to guide team on journey for continual improvement of performance and knowledge of the supply base
- Communication skills: ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to speak effectively present information and respond to questions from group of clients, customers, the general public and management at all levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables;
- Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Outlook; experience in using Enterprise-wide information systems
- Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; strong planning and organizational skills; ability to multi-task within tight time constraints.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree or five (5+) of equivalent experience.
- Five (5+) years of procurement experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Five (5+) years with supervision of salaried staff and experience with government procurement and price reasonableness.
- Master's Degree.
- APICS certification.
- Experience in government contracting within aerospace or defense.
- Electronics procurement experience.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.