Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Part Time Patient Care Tech to join to Emergency Department.
The Patient Care Technician is a caregiver who facilitates patient care through the performance of tasks as designated by the professional staff.
Some job functions and duties will include, but not limited to:
- Attends all mandatory department/hospital in services as recommended by regulatory agencies. Demonstrates knowledge/skill in safety and infection control procedures.
- Maintains strict standards of confidentiality.
- Participates in unit compliance as related to established standards.
- Demonstrates correct and safe techniques in the use of the equipment according to the specific product information and UMCP's policies and procedures.
- Draws blood work (venipuncture) on UMCP patients; labels specimens properly, sends to lab via messenger.
- Obtains EKGs as ordered.
- Assists staff nurse and/or physician in complicated treatment procedures.