WuXi AppTec is a leading global pharmaceutical and medical device open-access capability and technology platform with global operations. As an innovation-driven and customer-focused company, WuXi AppTec provides a broad and integrated portfolio of services throughout the drug R&D process. Our services are designed to help our worldwide customers shorten the discovery and development time and lower the cost of drug and medical device R&D through cost-effective and efficient solutions.
In this role, you will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure; act as Tier 1 helpdesk support to end users on a daily basis; participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure; ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
- Perform helpdesk activities over the phone or email and documenting all actions in helpdesk system.
- Provides for the implementation, configuration, deployment, and support of systems, including but not limited to client computing devices and servers.
- Ensures the data and security policies in place are followed by staff and that procedures/activities are conducted accordingly.
- Administration of network and data security, including active directory, group policy, firewalls, antivirus, email security, etc.
- Performs regular maintenance and support of workstations, servers, and virtual machines. Includes maintaining the health and performance of databases.
- Performs patch management of all systems without compromising the validated state of systems and minimizing any issues resulting from patches.
- Deployment of new software (evaluating for validation requirements and system impact)
- Deployment of new hardware, ensuring proper configuration in line with IT guidelines.
- Provides training for new employees and other training sessions as required.
- Participate in on-call rotation for off-hour support.
- Participate in server management and maintain regulated systems in compliance.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bilingual (Chinese and English)
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in CS/EE or related field.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience, or equivalent.
- Have working knowledge of Windows Server, Windows client OS (XP/7/8.1/10), Active Directory, Group Policies, MSSQL, Hyper-V, and networking concepts (TCP/IP, VLANs, subnets, DNS, DHCP, VPN, SSL, Wi-Fi), Microsoft Office, common antivirus programs, and VoIP technologies.
- Advanced training and familiarity with specialized software and servers highly desirable
- Specialized computer/server skills and certifications are desirable
- Well organized, detail oriented, and adaptable to changes
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction
- Ability to work in a team environment
- GxP and 21 CFR Part 11, Par 58 experience highly desirable but not required
- May be required to work early morning or late night shift as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled