When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry’s technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That’s because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer’s experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future!
As part of the Inspection team, you will
primarily be responsible for identifying quality defects and/or concerns as
well as recognition and identification of a variety of heavy duty differentials
or transmissions and their components.
- Proper recognition andidentification of all differential/transmission parts
- Proper recognition, identificationand usage of tools needed to inspect differentials/transmissions and theircomponents.
- Proper recognition of defects ongears
- Disposal of defective gears intothe proper bin.
- Operation of Magnaflux Machine (if applicable)
- Ability to manage and maintaindaily production goals
- Identify quality concerns andaddress them with the Team Lead or Facilitator
- Knowledge of basic shop procedures andability to properly use shop tools
- Ability to communicate with others
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand,and communicate in English
- Ability to properly use equipment, materials,and supplies.
- Range of motion – able to bend, stoop, squat,reach and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.
Thank you for your interest in Daimler Trucks North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.