Unarmed Security Officer - Full and Part Time Available!
Are you ready for a change? Want to break free from retail and seasonal jobs? Want a job that lets you help others while learning new skills?
Start a job that matters and join our team to make positive impact on your community!
Securitas a worldwide leader in private security services is now hiring for Full Time and Part Time Security Guards to help our clientele throughout the Joliet and surrounding areas. With positions available in multiple fast- paced environments such as Corporate and Industrial facilities we offer positions with schedules able to meet most candidate's needs.
These positions are all entry level and customer service focused, so no prior security experience is necessary. We train the right candidates! We also provide a generous benefits package to all of our Full Time staff and all uniforms are provided.
Specific responsibilities for this customer service role include:
- Preserving order and acting to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises
- Controlling access to client site or facility through the admittance process
- Preparing and completing logs in various data entry systems at efficient pace, also completing reports with accuracy and within a timely manner.
- Patrolling assigned site on foot or in vehicle, checking for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons
- Protecting evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations
- Responding to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents
Specific requirements for this customer service position include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Reliable means of communication and transportation
- English proficiency
- Advanced level of computer skills
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances
- Ability to write and type routine correspondence, including logs and reports
- Working knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures
Willingness to submit to and pass pre-employment screening process, to include drug screen and background investigation is required.
For immediate consideration please complete our online application at www.securitasjobs.com and be sure to apply to the Joliet office at 815 N Larkin Ave. If you have any questions or need assistance please don't hesitate to call the office at 815-600-7520.
Securitas is a proud employer of active and retired service members.
Job Type: Full-time
$10.00 to $11.00 /hour