Driver Route CDL A
Mon-Fri; 3:30AM to 5:30AMStarts; 8-10hour Shifts; $24.75Hourly Pay; Time & 1/2 After 40 hr
At Stericycle, we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people's lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
Stericycle located in Pittsfield, ME is hiring aRoute Driver CDL A is responsible for servicing assigned accounts in Tractor Trailer combination unit, the most professional way, ensuring that customers needs are met on a continual basis for various waste pickup and supply delivery. Provides the highest level of customer service possible at all times.
This position requires complying with all state, local, customer, and Stericycle immunization requirements, which includes full vaccination against COVID-19.Stericycle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Key Job Activities:
- Operate Class A Tractor Trailer (48' & 53' Trailers) throughout assigned territory.
- Pick up medical waste at customer facilities (Hospitals, Urgent Cares, Pharmacies & etc).
- Deliver medical supplies to customers when needed.
- Driver operates hand trucks/dolly, lift gateand hand held device.
- Manages assigned routes ensuring customers waste is picked up in a safe, timely and accurate manner.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts daily, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution.
- Conduct pre-trip &post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as needed.
- HS Diplomaor GED Equivalent.
- Valid Class A CDL with DOT Medical Card required.
- Ability to operate a manual transmission required.
- Previous Route Driving experience preferred but not required
- Clean driving record.
- Must be able to lift 50LB
- Demonstrates general computer skills and knowledge of internet.
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
Disclaimer:The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job.This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.