Driver Route NonCDL (Pittsfield, ME, US, 04967)
Mon-Fri; 5am-6am Starts; 8-10hr shifts; Hourly Pay! Time & 1/2 after 40hr
At Stericycle, we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people's lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
Stericycle's Pittsfield, ME Medical Waste facility is hiring a Route Truck Driver (Non CDL). You will be operating a 26' Box Truck with lift gate. Our driver is responsible for various medical waste pickup and supply delivery. Customers consist of hospitals, urgent cares, pharmacies & etc. Driver uses hand trucks/dolly to transfer packaged medical waste to truck. This role will always provide the highest level of customer service possible.
This position requires complying with all state, local, customer, and Stericycle immunization requirements, which includes full vaccination against COVID-19. Stericycle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Key Job Activities:
- Safely operate Non-CDL Box Truck throughout assigned territory.
- Pick up medical waste at customer facilities (Urgent Cares, Hospitals Pharmacies & etc).
- Deliver medical supplies to customers when needed.
- Driver operates hand trucks/dolly, lift gate and hand held device.
- Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ waste is picked up in a safe, timely and accurate manner.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts daily, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution.
- Conduct pre-trip & post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience, preferably in driving route in a box trucks.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Valid standard driver’s license (Class D or above) with an excellent driving record.
- Ability to obtain and retain a valid Medical Examiner Card (MED)
- Ability to lift 50LB required
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.