Job ID :
US - Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh
Software Engineer - Java
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
Our Software Engineers work within the Digital Engineering group on various enterprise initiatives and technical projects related to Fisher Scientific and Thermo Fisher Scientific ecommerce web sites. Candidate will be part of an agile team that is designing, developing and maintaining web applications and microservices. This position offers a challenging career to work on systems that interface with multiple systems including AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Content Management Systems, Product Information Management System, Search Engine technology, Middleware and ERPs.
- Work within Agile scrum team to design, develop, unit test, debug and maintain Java based web applications in accordance with functional requirements and scope of work
- Contribute and conform to Digital Engineering adopted software development standards
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement to applications and processes
- Participate in production deployment and provide support for product
- Step up when situation demands such as meeting deadlines and resolving critical production issues
How will you get here?
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of web application development using Java and related technologies.
- Hands-on experience in JDK 1.7 or higher required
- Hands-on experience in Spring, Spring boot frameworks, webservices and related technologies is required
- Hands-on experience using Kubernetes, Jenkins is preferred
- Exposure to Agile delivery methodology and associated tools is highly preferred
- Work experience or good knowledge of development using Cloud such as AWS, GCP or Azure would be a plus
- Demonstrated ability with SQL and NoSQL Databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Hands-on experience in coding and scripting (Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, AWK) would be nice to have
- Experience using version control such as GIT, SVN or Mercurial
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Highly motivated and flexible to adopt new technologies, challenges and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be an excellent team player with strong verbal & written communication skills
- Regular day to day job responsibilities does not involve travel
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.