BNY’s Finance Tech group manages the software that caters to the entire Financial Management process within the bank. In Finance Tech, there are three services namely Finance Data Lake, Finance Data Management & Analytics, and Finance Accounting and Procurement. More than 30 applications, which are supported within Finance Technology group, are categorized within these three functions.
- Design and development of the software applications, which includes, but is not limited to, API design, database design, class design, and user interface design •
- Testing and debugging of the software they develop, both in Unit tests as well as Integration tests
- Troubleshooting issues that can be caused by business process changes, faulty code, training issues, etc.
- Help resolve issues that other team members are unable to solve.
- Provide innovative ideas and solution to complex as well as rather simple looking problems
- Develop user interface using modern frameworks and practices like Angular 4/5/6, unit, Material UI, Responsive web design and React
- Develop service API using modern frameworks/architecture pattern like Spring boot, Node.js, REST, micro-services
- Follow DevOps best practices and automate as needed
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 7-9 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits.
- 6 years of experience developing web applications using Java, REST API and Angular.
- 5 years of experience in Spring frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Security).
- 1 years of experience in Python.
- Hands on experience developing and implementing micro-services.
- Experience in Docker, Java 8/11, Streaming API, Gradle/Maven, CI/CD (Jenkins), Bitbucket/Git is mandatory.
- Working experience in Industry Standard protocols related API Security including OAuth is an added advantage.
- Demonstrate strong design and programming skills using JSON, Web Services, XML, XSLT, PL/SQL in Unix and Windows environments.
- Strong background working with Linux/UNIX environments.
- Working knowledge with Oracle, DB2 or Mongo DB databases is a plus.
- Working knowledge of big data technologies like Hadoop, spark is a plus.
- Strong Agile/Scrum development experience
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion to stay on top of the latest happenings in the tech world and an attitude to discuss and bring those into play.