Job ID :
US - Arizona - Remote / Field|US - California - Remote / Field|US - Maryland - Remote / Field|US - Massachusetts - Remote / Field|US - New Jersey - Remote / Field|US - New York - Remote / Field|US - North Carolina - Remote / Field|US - Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh|US - Pennsylvania - Remote / Field|US - Texas - Remote / Field
Job Title: Senior Software Product Manager-Xcalibur Exp. Required
Location: This position can be based in a Thermo Fisher Scientific office location or can be worked remotely.
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific, world leader in analytical instruments whose instrument solutions enable our customers to make the world a healthier, cleaner and safer place is seeking a Senior Software Product Manager to join the Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry Business. This role is to develop and support software applications that allows users to acquire, process, and review results from our full portfolio of mass spectrometry instrumentation.
The Senior Software Product Manager responsibilities include providing input for new product development, conducting product launches, initiating training and promotional activities, developing strategic partnerships and conducting market research for new software products.
What will you do?
- Responsible for the overall success of the fundamental MS operating system, Xcalibur as well as the primary set of software tools for data viewing and interrogation.
- Define market needs for new products; contribute to new product development teams and coordinate with external strategic partners to maintain a competitive product offering.
- Manage internal and external customer panels and accurately capture and translate voice of customer (VOC) for Product Development and verify products are aligned with customer needs
- Drive product development with all cross-functional stakeholders in accordance with strategic and product line business plans; ensures interdependencies and strategic marketing requirements are met
- Stays abreast of market trends regarding software and integrates them into software approach as appropriate (user interface, software deployment, Microsoft standards, etc.)
- Keep the software fresh and innovative as best serves usability
- Defines and updates LSMS software look and feel in conjunction with input from Strategic and Product Marketing colleagues
- Responsible for maintaining all documentation per the new product development and introduction (NPDI) process, including user stories for development, business plans, marketing introduction plans, intellectual property reviews, and marketing requirement documents
- Defines Demo Chemist training agenda and conducts worldwide Field Application, Institute trainers training on the operation of new software capabilities
- Works with Product Marketing to develop sales tools, i.e., presentations, seminars, data sheets, brochures, application notes, complete workflow or total solution descriptions, technical documentation and competitive analyses to assist sales force
- Represents the product in presentations, publications, and customer labs worldwide
- Drives resolution of customer satisfaction issues
- Generate and maintain quantitative analysis of market segmentation, size, growth, and competitive market share.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or other related discipline. Advanced science degrees, highly desirable
- Experience with Thermo Fisher Scientific MS hardware and software applications is required
- 15+ years experience and demonstrated expertise in application of chromatography/mass spectrometry to life sciences research is required
- 3+ years experience in marketing of scientific instrumentation; prior product line management experience is required
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, problem solving, and time management skills are required
- Demonstrated project management skill and experience
- Ability to contribute as a valued team member and collaborate with leaders at all levels
- Understanding of the Agile software development processes is desirable
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.