Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visitwww.aptiv.com/our-journey and see ourwww.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
We are looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to our Visualization tools team to continue our development of tools that enable the advancement of our autonomous vehicle technology. This team works closely with various software and and R&D teams to come up with custom and standard solutions to improve visualizations.
What’ you’ll get to work on:
- Design and develop 3D visualization applications
- Work with a team of Autonomy Software Engineers to develop tools for robo-taxi service development
- Create software that will enable the next generation of Autonomous Mobility Platforms
- Work in a test-driven Scrum-Agile software development environment
- Support the full software development life-cycle including in-car testing of the tools you create
Education and Experience we want from you:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Equivalent Knowledge and Work Experience.
- 5-8 years professional experience developing Qt-based applications, 3D Graphics intensive applications, Simulations, Visualization or Virtual Reality applications.
- You understand 3D modeling, rendering, scene graphs, and high performance graphics
- You understand the mathematics behind robotics navigation and sensor systems.
- You are experienced in Qt, OpenSceneGraph, OpenGL, C++ ‘14 or C++ ‘17, Linux software development and Git for version control.
- Experience with modern Visualization and Physics engines is a plus.
- You understand how to design implement test, and extend high quality software products.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.