Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see ourwww.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
We are looking to add a Software Engineer to our Simulation Software Infrastructure team to continue our development of various functionalities within our autonomous vehicle platform! You will work closely with various teams to: (1) bring up simulation software on development computers and on cloud based platforms, (2) provide infrastructure for testing autonomous driving algorithms in simulation, and (3) integrate and evaluate autonomous driving subsystems using simulation tools.
What you'll do:
- Develop and document new features, optimize execution and data flow, automate task execution / support batch execution processes.
- Work with other members of the Software Infrastructure team to design and develop software for the next generation of Autonomous Mobility Platforms
- Work in a fast-paced work environment while communicating with employees in other locations
What you'll bring:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Equivalent Knowledge and Work Experience
- 2+ years professional experience in software infrastructure or complex system simulations
- Strong programming skills in C++ and Python
- Experience with Linux work environment, software, and toolchains
- Experience with programming for multi-threaded systems
- Experience with collecting requirements, creating software designs, and developing efficient implementations
Bonus points for having experience with:
- database file manipulation using C++ / Python
- Safety certification (e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508, EN 5012X, DO-178B/C, etc.)
- mathematics behind robotics and sensor systems
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.