Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
Things you'll get to work on:
- Implement state-of-the-art algorithms in a subset of the following areas:
- Perception using vision, LIDAR, and/or RADAR for detection and tracking of features such as road markings, road signs, vehicles, and pedestrians
- Mapping, localization, and state estimation using vision, LIDAR, IMU, and/or RADAR
- Sensor fusion
- Motion planning and control
- Assist with high-level analysis, design, and code reviews
- Develop next-generation mapping and annotation tools to support autonomous driving
Skills and traits you will likely already have:
- Excellent C++ development skills on Linux platforms
- Ability to implement new algorithms efficiently and rigorously
- Experience developing software as part of a team
- Experience with software engineering tools (e.g., Git, CMake, CI, gdb, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong quantitative ability
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment
Bonus points (but not required):
- Strong background in machine vision and learning methods
- Experience using static analysis and model checking tools
- Experience working with embedded systems with real-time constraints
- Familiarity with: Python, ROS, OpenGL, OpenCV
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.