Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing and commercializing self-driving cars and systems that enable point-to-point mobility in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe in Boston, Pittsburgh, Las Vegas, Santa Monica, and Singapore, Aptiv is the first company to deploy commercial robotaxis to the public. Today, Aptiv has provided over 80,000 autonomous rides to members of the public passengers in Las Vegas — the world's largest public deployment of self-driving vehicles.
In September 2019, Aptiv announced a 50/50 joint venture with Hyundai Motor Group, bringing together Hyundai and Aptiv’s advanced engineering, R&D capabilities, global footprint, and shared commitment to advancing autonomous driving technology.
Come work with leading engineers, research scientists, and artificial intelligence experts creating the future of mobility!
About this position
Our Software Engineers play a key role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by developing technologies that deliver a turnkey, fully autonomous driving system for our customers. Do you enjoy the challenge of working in a complex and growing system where new features are being added and evaluated rapidly? Do you enjoy working closely with roboticists and engineers to bring ground breaking algorithms from concept to prototype and then from prototype to a product deployed in the real world at scale? If the answers are yes, we’re looking for you.
What You'll Do:
- Use your top-notch software development expertise to inspire others to develop better software practices and principles.
- Develop clean software for the controls modules that sit at the core of autonomous driving systems and interface with all other key modules such localization, control, and planning.
- Collaborate with controls experts and experienced roboticists on cutting edge algorithms from design, prototyping, testing, deployment, to productization.
- Design and build robust and scalable codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different controls approaches and algorithms.
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant field.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- C++ (i.e. C++11, C++14, C++17) development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
- Experience in safety-critical applications and hard real-time constraints.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to learn.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and creative thinking.
- Experience working on robotics system and with robotics and researchers is a plus.
- Knowledge in motion planning, controls and other related robotics fields is a plus.
- Python/Matlab experience is a plus.
Additional experience you can bring / will get the opportunity to learn:
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.