Senior Software Development - Digital Group
The people at Industrial Scientific are committed to ending death on the job by the year 2050, and we need more help. We hire smart, motivated people, give them world-class tools in a supportive environment, and we let them do their job. Our team is highly engaged, creates quality solutions and delivers outstanding customer service. Our leaders understand the critical elements of breakthrough performance: bringing out the best in people; creating a climate of trust, openness and high performance; fostering candor; and treating people fairly and with dignity.
Our software development teams provide world class, quality software to predict and prevent workplace injuries. Our employees are dedicating their careers to eliminating death on the job by the year 2050.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops and maintains high-quality software used daily by thousands of people
* Participates in full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
* Actively engages in a high performance, agile team
* Designs, implements, tests and documents applications on a variety of platforms
* Gathers and analyzes requirements from customers and domain experts
* Designs and analyzes solutions, including domain modeling and design patterns
* Leads code inspections, reviews and other activities to ensure quality
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (Non-Negotiable):
* Bachelor's degree or greater in Computer Science or related technical field
* Seven or more years of professional software development experience
* Proficient in C#, Java, Objective-C or Swift
* Proficient in object-oriented design and analysis
* Proficient in relational databases (SQL)
* Experience in mobile application development on iOS, Android or UWP
* Experience with source control technologies such as Subversion or Git
* Experience with front-end UI/UX design
* Strong written and oral communication skills
QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED (Negotiable):
* Experience with the Xamarin framework (Xamarin Forms, iOS, Android or UWP)
* Experience with NoSQL databases (Mongo)
* Experience with the Agile development process
* Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (Jenkins)
* Familiar with unit testing frameworks (nUnit or xUnit)
Note: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is required frequently to use hands and digits to use mouse, keyboard and other office equipment. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Frequent assent/decent of stairs/steps.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, with or without notice.