SENIOR COMPONENT ENGINEER
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Component Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
We are looking for an Electronic Component Engineer to help minimize electronic component and electronic design risk across our product portfolio. The successful candidate will work in the obsolescence management design team and will work strictly with Industrialization, engineering, research & Development, quality, procurement, and manufacturing, providing support for new and existing Hitachi Products and system.
Accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Work with engineering, quality, procurement, and manufacturing leadership to establish component engineering processes;
- Implement risk management strategies to address obsolescence and proactively identify and address future obsolescences;
- Review design BOMs, conduct part lifecycle analysis and collaborate with engineering & research & development to develop strategies find alternative technical solution to minimize supply chain risk;
- Monitor / manage component obsolescence per internal processes utilizing IT tools (SAP/Teamcenter/ r BOM REVIEW, IHS, PDM system);
- Resolve Diminishing Manufacturing Sources (DMS) and End of Life (EOL) component issues;
- Develop and maintain engineering documentation and recommend test strategies for re-qualification;
- Implement component related problem reporting and design changes working closely with hardware engineering staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Electrical or Electronic discipline or a Technical with experience with 6+ years of related experience or any equivalent combination of education, training, experience;
- Demonstrate aptitude for communication, collaboration and cooperation with a variety of stakeholders
Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering.
Good English proficiency .
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page