Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
About this position
Our Software Engineers play a key role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by developing technologies that deliver a turnkey, fully autonomous driving system for our customers. Do you enjoy field testing and prototyping? Do you have a knack for enabling Linux systems on embedded platforms? If the answers are yes, we’re looking for you.
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Use your top-notch software development expertise to inspire others to develop better software practices and principles.
- Develop clean software for the motion planning and decision-making modules that sit at the core of autonomous driving systems and interface with all other key modules such localization, control, and perception.
- Collaborate with motion planning experts and experienced roboticists on cutting edge algorithms from design, prototyping, testing, deployment, to productization.
- Design and build robust and scalable codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different motion planning approaches and algorithms.
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant field.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- C++ (i.e. C++11, C++14, C++17) development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
- Experience in safety-critical applications and hard real-time constraints.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to learn.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and creative thinking.
- Experience working on robotics system and with robotics and researchers is a plus.
- Knowledge in motion planning, controls, and other related robotics fields is a plus.
- Python experience is a plus.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.