For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world’s leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world’s largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
BNY Mellon provides a suite of payment solutions designed to address the needs of our Non-Bank Financial Institution clients.
The segment is made up of Investment Managers, including alternative funds, Broker Dealers including Wealth Managers, Investment Banks, and exchanges, and insurance companies.
BNY Mellon differentiates itself with its quality of solutions, technology, and high touch customer service. BNY Mellon facilitates operational efficiency through outsourcing solutions and allows companies to focus on core competencies that generate revenue.
Oversees assigned client accounts, ensuring satisfaction, swift response to client needs, efficient problem resolution, contract and operational compliance, risk mitigation and KYC responsibilities. Consults with clients on best practices, solutions and regulatory changes to support client engagement. Assigned accounts are typically small and non-complex, often a single product. Incumbents are gaining experience in account management and mastering the basics of the discipline and the firms products/services. Incumbent may receive guidance from a more experienced Account Manager. Proactively consults small, non-complex client accounts, ensuring continued client satisfaction and listening for cues on client needs. Tracks and reports on client metrics. Acts as day-to-day point of contact for the client. Keeps abreast of client account activity occurring throughout the firm. Liaises with relevant operations contacts (internally and externally) to coordinate service to the client. Escalates relevant issues to senior team members or management. Assists with managing client inquiries and resolves problems within scope of knowledge. Gains understanding of the business environment of assigned clients, industry trends and competitor services/offerings. No direct reports. Focus is on smaller and/or less complex client accounts. May provide secondary support on a large or key account under the guidance of a more senior Account Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 3-5 years of total work experience within Financial services is strongly preferred.
- Experience in Account Management or Client Service Delivery is strongly preferred
- Experience and proficiency in data analytics is strongly preferred
- Treasury services background is strongly preferred
- Background in Client facing role is strongly preferred, strong interpersonal skills is a must for this role.
- Background in pricing and revenue research is strongly preferred
- Potential and desire to advance into a Relationship Manager/Business Development position in the future.