Sales Support Representative - LifeVest - Boston
Field based representative responsible for customer and administrative support, working collaboratively with Territory Manager(s) to support sales activities and territory management tasks at the direction of Regional Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities include engaging, educating and empowering support staff via one-on-one discussions, group in-servicing, exhibits and conferences; enabling prescribing entities to become self-sufficient through enrollment and utilization of LifeVest Network (LVN), assisting with exception and revenue management and assisting with vacancy management.
- Develop and effectively communicate general understanding of Sudden Cardiac Arrest and LifeVest specific data and be confident advocating on behalf of LifeVest in the clinical setting to increase LifeVest awareness
- Effectively engage, educate, and empower support staff to take action identifying patients and advocating on their behalf
- Enroll and train customers on LVN
- Understand, communicate, and train hospital and office staff to submit complete orders. Provide education and support to appropriate staff to reduce medical order exceptions.
- Conduct introductory level in-service meetings related to medical order process and requirements with auxiliary support staff
- Track and manage recurring revenue and reauthorization process for current patients
- Assist in document collection for all new medical orders and reorders
- Develop full working knowledge of all 3rd party payer requirements
- Manage pre-authorization process for new medical orders
- Provide territory support during times of Territory Manager absence or vacancy (vacation, leave, time out of territory for training / meetings, etc.)
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Educations and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent education and relevant working experience; or completion of a Nursing Program, or other equivalent clinical background
- Clinical experience providing proficiency navigating hospital flow, document collection, along with competent and confident provider and patient interaction
- Cardiology clinical acumen preferred
- Ability to influence clinical decision-making process through presentation and discussion of clinical data
General Skills: Ability to proactively plan and work autonomously in close collaboration and communication with teammates and Regional Manager, ability to demonstrate flexibility and high sense of urgency, ability to be highly organized, to multi-task, to problem solve and to be available on occasion during atypical hours (evenings and weekends) to meet critical business needs. Proficient working knowledge of MS Office (including Excel, Word, Outlook) is preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills : Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Territory travel required on a regular basis with the occasional overnight stay.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.