Staples focuses on our customer and our community. As a Print & Marketing Supervisor (aka Print Production Sales Supervisor), you'll act as a team lead in driving results for key metrics by selling and providing a total print and marketing solution for customers. You'll lead a team in developing their own selling and consultation skills, and in being positive, inclusive and consultative while helping customers achieve their Print and Marketing goals.
We are investing in our people and our stores, empowering you to learn, grow and deliver. You will help lead a great, fun retail culture at Staples that supports and strengthens your team. Your team will have the customer's needs in mind while providing solutions and a differentiated customer experience.
Get great perks because, you matter.
- Bonus plan, flexible full-time hours/shifts, and generous paid time off; hiring immediately
- Associate store discount and more perks (discounts on mobile plans, movie tickets, etc.)
- 401(k) plan with a company match, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and many more benefits
Provide strong leadership in community, customer service, and team development.
- Drive customer satisfaction by focusing on customer engagement and quality
- Ensure that the store culture embodies Staples values and its commitment to the community
- Connect with customers and build relationships to offer and provide value added print and marketing solutions
- Coach associates in exceptional service, consultative selling and total solutions
- Review and execute internal communications, ensuring each member of the Print & Marketing team receives any necessary information, and tasks are delegated as necessary
Play an active role in helping your store, your people and your customer win.
- Offer creative solutions to customers so that Staples is their go-to partner for all copy & print marketing solutions in the future
- Leverage Salesforce.com to actively manage top customers through in-store engagement and proactive outreach to grow relationships that result in net incremental sales
- Lead and develop a team committed to operational excellence in driving profitable sales & margin
- Utilize order intake tools to consult with customers, ask open ended questions to offer them appropriate options and deliver a total print solution for their need to drive sales and dollars per transaction
Essential skills and experience:
- Able to work a flexible schedule (including nights and weekends)
- Experience leading a team and/or supervising others while managing many priorities
- Basic computer skills to open, save and send electronic files, email, and use Microsoft Word (or similar programs)
- Attention to detail and keen eye for noticing quality issues throughout the production process
- Experience overcoming objection and engaging with customers to understand their needs
- Ability to lift/move materials in the 10-50 pound range, climb ladders, stand and walk continuously
- Staples does not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a fast-paced customer service, selling, and/or copy & print production environment
- Desktop publishing software experience including Adobe and Publisher
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.