The Manager Closing Operations is responsible for oversight of day to day closing operations within a team ranging from 10-20 non-exempt staff. Manager is responsible to preserve current policies, and sustain compliance with company, regulatory, and industry requirements by implementing process changes, closely monitoring, and mentoring the Closing Operations Team. Respond to and satisfy client issues in a timely, consistent manner and ensure accurate resolution with established company standards for quality and service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and reviews quality assurance standards, studies existing policies and procedures, and interviews personnel and customers to evaluate effectiveness of quality assurance program
- Create and implement necessary escalation paths
- Monitor and track unusual occurrences, report follow-up procedures, and report monthly/year-to-date comparisons
- Performs quality assurance functions to accomplish business goals, while monitoring, and reporting of quality assurance studies according to the Closing Operations plan
- Selects specific topics for review, such as problem procedures, periods of high volume, or other risk factors as defined by Director
- Compiles statistical data and writes narrative reports summarizing quality assurance findings
- Assists with developing and maintenance of procedures; and report on improvements and challenges to the Director.
- Keeps the Director informed of studies in process and progress thereof, committee agenda items; discusses problems and completion of procedures
- Advises on new procedure development and implementation as requested or necessary.
- Assist and satisfy concerns arising from the business relationship
- Assist to resolve complex or out of policy issues and escalate to Director as necessary
- Create and maintain a strong and productive working relationship with key stakeholders (such as Client Operations and Vendor Management)
- Analyze and make recommendations, coordinate with Director to maintain appropriate staffing levels
- Responsible to meet personal and departmental productivity and quality goals/metrics.
- Complete human resource paper work as required
- Maintain a positive, professional business relationship with clients, vendors and internal staff
- Communicate with Sr. Management on departmental operations
- Use computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to enter data and process information consistent with company standards for service and quality
- Enter all information in the system notes regarding every task completed or updated on a file
- Compile and verify information for each order
- Communicate effectively with persons outside organization, supervisors, managers, peers
- Effectively organize, plan, and prioritize work
- Schedule and conduct weekly team meetings
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent business experience
- Prior experience in Real Estate with working knowledge of industry standard practices. 3-5 Years management experience in the settlement services industry preferred.
- Knowledge of office processes, procedures, and technology including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience in managing project and team activities
- Excellent customer service, communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to read, analyze and develop operational reports and workflows
- Solid organizational, management and planning skills, ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Assertive with leader qualities
- Commitment to employee training and mentoring
Local applicants will be given preference