IT Network Engineer
Purpose: Network Engineers have the responsibility to maintain the reliability, availability, security, and performance of the IT infrastructure environment including the areas of data network and telecommunications.
- Analyze and lead complex implementation, enhancement, and upgrade projects.
- Build, support, and maintain network and phone system infrastructure.
- Communicate effectively with team members, management, and IT service clients.
- Coordinate troubleshooting, support, and service for IT infrastructure equipment.
- Design, install and implement efficient, cost-effective solutions the business' computing networking and telecommunications needs. Research industry trends and directions within the industry, to assist with developing long-term IT infrastructure strategies.
- Development of prototypes/proofs of concept to validate key project assumptions prior to making significant investments.
- Establish and maintain documentation of network and telecommunications configuration.
- Establish procedures and methodologies to solve problems considering system capacity, uptime, form of desired results, and integration of components.
- Establishes relationships with the users and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs through the analysis of business workflows and an understanding of business needs. Resolves conflicts, as needed. Able to establish credibility by appealing to reason and using research, data, facts and figures.
- Maintain system performance by pro-active monitoring and trending the utilization of system resources. Maintain system reliability and availability by managing system updates and patches.
- Maintains an IT knowledge base for effective troubleshooting and resolution of common IT tasks and service requests.
- Manage the hardware inventory throughout its lifecycle.
- Standardize configuration and control change of the infrastructure environment.
- System administration, monitoring and performance tuning, problem determination, and resolution across all network and telecommunications systems.
- Effectively manage and work with vendors to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient with routing, switching, wireless, and firewall technologies.
- Configuration and troubleshooting ability with OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP routing protocols.
- Experience administering both client and site-to-site VPN technologies.
- Administration of cloud-based telephony systems such as RingCentral.
- Troubleshooting ability with TCP/IP packet sniffing and analysis tools preferred.
- Ability to scope, execute, and report on projects independently.
- 5+ years of network administration experience including configuration of network routers, firewalls, and wi-fi.
- Certifications: Network+, CCNA R&S, CCNA Collaboration, or alternative mid-level certification.
- Positive can-do attitude!