Lead the teams that spread the love of Duolingo around the globe.
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. With over 300 millions users, we are the most popular language learning application in the world. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
You’ll create the strategy and lead the programs for marketing Duolingo around the world. You will lead a team of highly talented direct reports in our priority markets of China, Japan, Brazil, Mexico and the UK and help us identify new expansion markets. You will champion local needs, develop talent, share best practices and innovate the marketing strategies that will grow Daily Active Users, push Duolingo’s brand and mission forward and transform the future of education.
This role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and partners closely with Marketing colleagues in Brand, Performance, Product Marketing and Community. You will also work closely with peers in Design, Product Management and Engineering.
- Develop country/region strategies and identify brand growth opportunities by understanding regional specific audiences, the competitive landscape, consumer trends and market data,
- Create and track country specific marketing metrics including growth in awareness and consideration as well as DAUs and revenue
- Manage local marketing staff in Germany, UK, APAC, LatAm, China (matrix to GM); mentor, provide oversight and clear direction.
- Facilitate the sharing of best practices among country managers
- Prioritize localization efforts needed by design and engineering against highest value projects
- Lead the charge on consistent brand messaging across territories and consumer touch point
- Provide local market intelligence back to teams in Pittsburgh and participate in international strategy discussions and planning;
- Travel to International markets to conduct studies, coach managers and help drive overall campaign and business objectives.
- Oversee International marketing budget related to key marketing and brand initiatives
- 10+ years of consumer marketing experience across multiple dimensions - brand, performance, strategy and analytics
- Experience managing a remote team, building strong HQ relationships and influencing effectively for local market needs
- Experience living and working outside of the US
- Fluent in multiple languages
- Willingness to engage with partners in time-zones around the globe
- Ability to travel internationally frequently
Exceptional candidates will have...
- Passion for our mission to make high quality language learning accessible to everyone
- Experience with mobile apps and subscription services
- Conversational skill in a third language