Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, HRI Properties. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The phenomenal and Historic Arrott Building in Downtown Pittsburgh will be HRIL's Marriott Autograph Collection opening in August 2020!
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Director of Sales & Marketing to join their pre-opening team!
The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for the leadership and management of the sales team to include overseeing and coordinating Marketing, Sales, Catering and Conference Services Managers. The Director of Sales & Marketing will implement, monitor and control sales and Marketing strategies. The Director of Sales & Marketing is also responsible for meeting assigned monthly sales goals.
- Manage the sales team to achieve/exceed budgeted revenues for current year, along with future year pre-booking goals
- Initiate and maintain a direct and aggressive sales effort to meet/exceed budgeted goals and achieve RevPAR and penetration growth
- Hands-on sales responsibility with supervisory accountability for the daily activities of sales team members, providing them with the leadership, mentorship, and training necessary to implement effective sales strategies that maximize all revenue streams for the hotel
- Management of each member of the sales team to direct the effort and execution of exceeding monthly sales activities and productivity goals
- Ensure each member of the team adheres to professional and timely correspondences, proposals, contracts, and follow up
- Directs hiring and training of all new employees in the Sales, Catering and Conference Services departments
- Establish sales team policies and procedures relating to Sales, Revenue Management, and Reservations
- Demonstrate the ability to attract and retain high performing sales associates
- With guidance from assigned Corporate Director of Sales, assist in development and implementation of quarterly and annual booking goals for the Sales Department
- Assist the General Manager with the Sales and Marketing portion of the Annual Marketing Plan and Quarterly Ownership Review presentations
- Support all direct sales efforts to include sales trips, off property functions and customer entertainment
- Knowledgeable about each hotel's top accounts. Accompanies sellers on outside sales appointments and “shadows“ sellers during telephone prospecting and solicitation calls as needed
- Monitor quality and accuracy of final group sales and wholesale contracts to ensure proper application of hotel deposit, space allocation, yield and SOP policies.
- Prepare and train Sales, Catering and Conference Services Managers in relation to performance benchmarks and budgets
- Develop strategies for Group forecasting and analyzing hotel revenue needs
- Responsible for monthly group forecasts and revisions
- Collaborate and produce rate strategies with Revenue Management to ensure hotel has effective pricing and selling strategies in place to achieve the optimal mix of business, minimum 12-month period
- Plan, manage and evaluate all financial aspects of the sales efforts throughout the properties to ensure cost effectiveness and optimal utilization of resources
- Develop, implement and evaluate short and long-term tactics and programs focused on customer and market needs/ conditions to ensure the achievement of all sales associate and team revenue goals
- Attend and actively participate in weekly yield and group pick up management meetings with Revenue Management, General Manager and HRIL Senior Leadership
- Plan, manage and evaluate all financial aspects of the sales effort to ensure cost effectiveness and optimal utilization of resources
- Work with Corporate Marketing Manager in taking an active role in developing Marketing and PR strategies to support the revenue goals
- Manage and engage with outside agencies that support marketing efforts on a weekly basis, including brand marketing (if applicable)
- Ensure accurate and current Marketing data is readily available to support and document decision making process
- Manage the HRIL Sales and Marketing Incentive Plan process for the Sales Department
- Create and manage Sales, Catering, Banquet and Marketing revenue and expense budget/forecast
- Responsible for producing and distribution accurate month-end sales reports to HRIL Senior Leadership
- Conduct sales department meetings with written minutes
- Receive department related guest complaints and ensure necessary corrective action is administered
- Maintain open door communication policy for all associates
- Create and implement development plans for Sales team and provide coaching and action plans to team when necessary
- Complete and maintain accurate, objective and timely performance reviews for the department
- Be a champion of sales excellence by creating initiatives to motivate and inspire Sales team
- Conduct frequent sales calls to existing and new accounts, as well as uncover new business in assigned market segment(s)
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new accounts to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, trade shows, etc.
- Arrange site inspections of the hotel for new accounts that the Sales Leader is assigned too
- Maintain accurate sales records in the hotel sales system to provide complete history, ensure future and current quality of service and enhance future prospects
- Respond to all sales inquiries within 24 business hours
- Partner with operations team to coordinate customer specifications, effectively respond to customer issues and comments to ensure customer satisfaction
- Adjust work schedule as needed to meet the business demands, which may include hours in early morning, evening and/or weekend hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Director of Sales & Marketing or Director of Sales & Marketing in a similar sized property
- Experience with the brand or an upscale Independent Hotel is preferred
- Knowledge of E-commerce, Social Media channels as well as PR experience is also desirable
Skills and Knowledge
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she may perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to read, write, an understand English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including leading and participating in formal presentations
- Strong sales and negotiation skills as well as the ability to cultivate leads, build relationships and achieve financial expectations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with hotel PMS and sales systems
- Strong computer skills. Microsoft Office, Delphi, or other hotel sales system, and other programs as it pertains to this position
- Strong knowledge of TravelClick products such as Demand 360, Rate 360, and A360
- Strong knowledge of reading and understanding STR reports
- Excellent working knowledge of all department operations
- Skilled at both monthly groups forecasting and the annual budget process
- Skilled at preparing and presenting annual marketing plans and quarterly ownership presentations
- Understanding of Group and Catering pace reports and sales productivity reporting
- Understanding of budgetary and fiscal responsibility to the sales department
- Ability to provide strong leadership, mentorship, training, and coaching & counseling skills to his or her direct reports
- Strong desire to deliver high quality of customer service
- Detail oriented and organized as it pertains to accuracy and efficiency
- Good personnel and management and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of, Social Media, Digital Marketing and PR
- Good understanding of reading and analyzing data/reports and developing sound E-commerce, Social Media, Digital Marketing and PR strategies
This company is an equal opportunity employer.