Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
Aptiv is seeking an Engineering Manager working at the intersection of technology and people to move mobility forward. You will have organizational impact by balancing the health of the team with long-term direction in the self-driving car industry.
How You’ll Make A Difference:
- Lead the Las Vegas engineering team and test operations workforce while staying connected to the R&D efforts from Pittsburgh.
- Learn from an amazing group of engineers with backgrounds in robotics, mapping, perception, test operations, machine learning, motion planning, and mobile communications.
- See your work deployed fast, frequently, and safely in the real world.
- Develop and learn as you switch from one challenge to another.
What You’ll Bring:
- People management experience - You have the management playbook to nurture careers, influence cross-functional teams, and recruit and build teams.
- We're looking for an Engineering Manager who thrives on learning new technologies and doesn't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions -- you should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- In addition to having an intimate knowledge of core engineering fields, you understand how all the pieces fit together into integrated systems, and how they impact performance.
- You feel ownership over everything you ship; you pride yourself on efficient monitoring, excellent documentation, and proper test coverage.
What You Could Be Doing:
- Leading road testing, case testing and unit testing engineering and operations in Pittsburgh.
- Leading and supporting the test engineering team in Pittsburgh.
- Generating and owning overall test plans for autonomous vehicles development.
- Supporting validation testing of autonomous vehicles.
- Building and managing test engineering teams.
- Tracking and defining team performance and success through KPIs.
- Leading and supporting mapping operations.
- Presentation and communication skills to frequently report progress to internal and external customers.
- 5+ years in engineering leadership. Startup experience preferred.
- 5+ years leading a team of 20 people developing or testing software, robotics or system engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, robotics, software, electrical, or mechanical engineering; Master’s preferred.
- Great project management skills and experience using Jira.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.