Employee Relations Consultant - Pittsburgh
Position: Employee Relations Consultant
Location: Downtown Pittsburgh
The Employee Relations Consultant will support the Operations and Customer Solutions Center teams by providing advice and counsel to managers and employees to detect and resolve issues that impact individual or organizational performance.
In this role you will:
- Advise and communicate with managers and employees on interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Facilitate conflict resolution for employees and managers.
- Conduct investigations into policy violations, employee concerns and complaints and recommends appropriate action.
- Consistently document decisions in keeping with best practices and to minimize risk and litigation in employee relations situations.
- Analyze trends and recommend solutions to foster a culture of continuous improvement, particularly in developing the skills managers need to help minimize employee relations issues.
- Partner with the local Regional President regarding internal and external Huntington initiatives.
- As needed, play a role in other HR related projects.
- Bachelor's Degree Required. In lieu of a Bachelor's Degree, a High School Diploma and an additional 4 years of experience will be required (total 7 years of Employee Relations or Human Resources Generalist experience).
- Minimum of 3 years of Employee Relations or Human Resources Generalist experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience enforcing state and federal labor, wage and hour laws.
- Bachelor's degree preference: Business or Human Resources.
- Proficient in operating company email, calendar, intranet, and Internet technology.
- Current PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Employee Relations experience in a Retail and/or Financial Services environment a plus.
- Is proactive and seeks to understand, looks for trends and communicates effectively.
- Has a strong sense of urgency -- is responsive, has excellent service skills and follow through.
- Experience supporting a large client base.