Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visitwww.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
We are looking to add an Embedded Engineer to the Cybersecurity team to focus on security challenges pertaining to building embedded systems for autonomous vehicles. We are open to hiring an experienced engineer enthusiastic about cross-training in cybersecurity.
What you’ll get to work on:
- Define requirements and select hardware for secure embedded systems
- Write low-level software to enable the use of security hardware
- Work with Software Engineers to integrate security systems with Aptiv’s software infrastructure
- Collaborate with teammates on the Cybersecurity team to design secure systems
What you'll bring:
- BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent Knowledge and Work Experience
- 5+ years professional experience building embedded systems
- Experience with automotive communication protocols (e.g. CAN, CAN-FD, LIN, etc.)Experience writing software for embedded microcontrollers in C and C++Experience debugging embedded system software and hardware using tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experience applying static (e.g. cppcheck, Klocwork, etc.) and dynamic analysis (gcov, GCC and Clang sanitizers, etc.) tools to embedded software to assure quality
- Experience at the Linux kernel and driver levels
- A history of writing effective engineering documentation
Bonus points for having experience with:
- Safety certification (e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508, EN 5012X, DO-178B/C, etc.)
- Experience with security hardware such as Trusted Platform Modules, Hardware Security Modules, etc.
- Experience with tools such as IDA Pro and Ghidra
- Experience utilizing cryptographic algorithms and implementing security-oriented subsystems
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.