DI is a leading distributor of insulation, related specialty fabricated products, HVAC, and safety supplies in North America. Our Houston-based company has over 90 locations throughout the United States and Canada that allow us to provide products and service to our customers worldwide. As part of the DI family, you will have the opportunity to enhance your career and shape your future as we grow together.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will provide exemplary customer service for all internal and external customers by utilizing in-depth knowledge of our products, programs, and team members within the organization. The role of a CSR is based in a distribution branch setting and provides a wide scope of work in the areas of customer service, inside sales, warehouse, basic operations, and some administrative support. This key role provides individuals with the opportunity to learn and grow with the organization, and the ideal candidate will have a working background in industrial insulation, building materials, and/or the plumbing/HVAC industry.
Essential Job Functions
- Interact with customers to establish ongoing value-added relationships (over the phone, via email/fax or walk in)
- Receive and process sales calls, quote requests, and product orders through delivery
- Take ownership of customer relationships and upsell products
- Quote, follow-up, and track lost sales reports, and expedite all customer inquiries and orders
- Coordinate with outside sales, purchasing, billing, management, and warehouse on any customer issue or orders
- Maintain knowledge of physical inventory, availability, and pricing
- Coordinate delivery to customers by arranging trucking routes to meet customer expectations
- Manage negotiations of customer quotes and proposals
- Contact customers concerning late payments, invoicing issues, and other issues involving credit and receivable items for branch assigned accounts then reports collection status to Accounts Receivable group and management
- Occasionally attend client sites with sales representatives
- Support customers with company return goods policy
- Arrange direct and/or hot shot deliveries to correct customer problems
- Process credit card transactions
- Assist in physical inventory with other branch personnel
- Help with some warehouse duties such as operation of forklift, picking, and packaging orders
- Participate in special projects as requested by management
- Some College – Associates Degree preferred
- 1-2 years of business to business sales experience
- Experience with full MS Office Suite
- Strong communication, organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team sales environment with minimal supervision.
General office environment and occasional exposure to non-climate controlled warehouse. Requires standing, sitting, driving, use hands, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, read, talk and hear; the employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; specific vision abilities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Distribution International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Distribution International does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualification, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA