We're looking for a Senior Communication Specialist to join PNC Bank's Wealth & Investing digital team at our headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. At PNC, you'll build digital solutions that help people achieve their financial goals so they can focus on everything else life brings. You'll be a key player in shaping product design and strategy by collaborating with writers, experience designers, agile development teams, and core product team members. You'll use a strong, critical voice to deliver an engaging, consistent and accessible experience to our audiences.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about shaping experiences that deepen relationships between clients and advisors, helping individuals and families better understand their investment goals and decisions. Our open concept floor plan and collaborative atmosphere encourages meaningful work that demonstrates rapid impact and value for both users and the business.
In this role, you will:
- Lead content creation and be a subject matter expert, working closely with designers to apply your writing skills to an established product
- Identify problems and craft creative content solutions that educate and empower users
- Collaborate with other writers to maintain and deliver content guidelines that provide consistent language and labeling across a range of touchpoints
- Conduct user research; creating test plans, interview guides, test scripts and analysis documents
- Help shape the role of content in the design process, and partner with product managers for legal, risk and compliance reviews
We think you could be successful if you:
- Are a natural collaborator and an excellent communicator
- Advocate for users and inspire a culture of design thinking
- Can handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Believe iteration is the best path to improvement and can adapt quickly to change
- Take initiative and act on opportunities for improvement
- Have working knowledge of design fundamentals in a digital space
- Love language and feel passionate about things like voice, style and grammar
- An online portfolio, writing samples or published work
- Experience working in an agile development process
- Designs, develops, produces and consults on a variety of internal and external communications.
- Plans, researches, and develops of content for increasingly complex communications initiatives.
- Identifies issues and opportunities, consults with organization on all aspects of communication, and engages other parts of the organization to ensure strategic alignment, clarity, and accuracy of message.
- Coordinates final review and approval before internal or external communications are released.
- Leads project teams, influences outcomes, and evaluates success as appropriate.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Copywriting and Editing – Knowledge of a variety of formats, styles, and techniques for publishing materials; ability to develop and review these materials to promote business related activities.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Influencing – Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
Organizational Communications – Knowledge of and ability to utilize the means, tools, techniques and media to communicate information about the organization internally and externally.
Planning: Tactical, Strategic – Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.