Please note, this is a part time job.
The Clinical Assistant is a direct report of the Regional Sales Manager and works closely with District Sales Managers in a given sales territory to support technical and case coverage needs for CSI products.
Scope of Impact:
Clinical Assistants support an assigned District Sales Manager by providing case coverage in instances where a District Sales Manager cannot attend. Case coverage often entails providing guidance to hospital or physician practice staff on device selection, functionality, setup, and usage during procedures. This is not a supervisory role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Case Coverage (80-90%): Provide guidance to staff in hospitals or physician practices on device selection, functionality, setup, and usage before and during procedures.
- Clinical Education (10-20%): As directed by the District Sales Manager, initiate and conduct physician education on the recognition of peripheral arterial disease (PAD), the benefits of atherectomy procedures in treating calcified and fibrotic plaque in arterial vessels, and the unique benefits of CSIs orbital products.
- Must demonstrate competency in technical support of CSI product cases and any other CSI product or related device relevant to lower extremity intervention.
- Self-starter with ability to quickly learn complex material.
- Ability to work independently in an operating theater
Sales Experience. Medical knowledge and procedural experience working in a hospital operating theater, cardiac catheterization lab or radiology lab preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Successful Job Performance:
- Ability to work within the guidelines established by hospital systems, physician practices, and any other area where business is conducted.
- Ability to maintain flexibility in supporting case needs by following direction from District and Regional Sales Managers.
- Certification as a registered nurse (RN) or radiology technician (RT) preferred but not required.
- Personable manner and excellent customer service skills strongly preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Beyond the ability to travel to the case location, there are no special physical or mental requirements for this role.
- Infectious disease; Radiation; Blood borne pathogens
- Must be able to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work in Operating Rooms and Cath Labs
- Ability to travel by car and plane. Must have valid driver's license for state of residency
- Ability to conduct company business outside of the typical Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, work-schedule preferred
- Work is indoors, most often in a hospital operating room.
This is a field position