Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Verification and Validation (V&V) Engineer for Autonomous Drive (AMoD) will be responsible for developing and executing the functional test plans for autonomous drive vehicles. This highly motivated individual will work in tight conjunction with the systems, safety, and development teams as a member of the validation organization.
What You'll Do:
- Develop comprehensive test procedures that fully verify and validate associated requirements, ODD and design documentation.
- Execute validation testing for Autonomous Vehicle for camera, radar and lidar features.
- Utilize track test equipment to execute test procedures using autonomous vehicles.
- Design functional safety models for stand-alone test box (Micro Auto Box) to intercept, alter and deliver corrupted messages to system modules.
- Collect data using advanced test equipment.
- Develop scripts, tools, and processes to facilitate automated test execution and data analyses to ensure feature achieves a desired set of specification.
- Communicate test results to development teams and management and facilitate resolving of technical issues.
- Balance feature test workload with bench counterpart as necessary.
- Author validation reports
What You'll Bring:
- Education: BS in Engineering
- Driver's License
- Minimum 2 years of testing and/or V&V work experience on complex systems required
- Experience with functional test plan development, execution, and reporting
- Experience with creation, analysis, and/or use of requirements and design documentation
- Self-motivated, organized, flexible, and able to balance and prioritize multiple diverse tasks
- Comfortable working in fast paced dynamic projects
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative when necessary
- Education: MS in Engineering
- 3+ Experience in autonomous (SAE J3016 Level 2 & 3 Automation Level systems) or complex vehicle engineering projects
- Experience using typical automotive interfaces: CAN, CANFD, Autosar, Auto-Ethernet, etc.
- Experience in MATLAB, SIMULINK, CANoe, CAPL, Python, and dSPACE tools.
- Knowledge of automotive industry standards, robotics, and/or ADAS systems with other related vehicle systems (body, electrical, chassis, powertrain).
- Knowledge of Functional Safety Standards
- Strong background in Systems Engineering and/or formal testing of complex systems
- Strong technical writing and analysis skills
- Familiarity with and skilled in the use of electronic test equipment.
- Working Knowledge of Polarion.
- Experience with use of complex vehicle instrumentation such as Vbox or RT3000 or other GPS data logging equipment.
- Experience with use of AB Dynamics, or DRI or 4active ADAS targets.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.