Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
About this position
Our AV Test Engineers play a key role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by testing technologies that deliver a turnkey, fully autonomous driving system for our customers and enable Mobility on Demand (MoD). As we expand our global footprint, we are looking for exceptional engineering talent to perform automotive tests and ensure the safety of our products. Do you enjoy designing and executing R&D testing? Do you have experience with Linux systems on embedded platforms? If the answers are yes, we’re looking for you.
What You'll Do:
- Directly impact self-driving vehicles by designing and performing field testing on driving algorithms, identifying potential areas for improvement.
- Understand system requirements and write test cases to confirm that requirements are fully met or exceeded.
- Work with teams to understand test scenarios required.
- Analyze information and write comprehensive test reports for each test completed.
- Note procedure followed to ensure test fidelity.
- Tag and tabulate data.
- Report to engineers, vehicle technicians, and leadership issues.
- Collaborate with the larger team of AD engineers, gaining exposure to multiple engineering disciplines and working across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in our
- Innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm.
- Build new concepts and groundbreaking solutions that shape the future of mobility.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Robotics, ECE, Computer Science or relevant field.
- 3+ years of experience with testing of vehicle subsystems or features (esp. ADAS systems)
- Experience with test engineering, recursive testing, and mechatronic system testing and validation.
- Experience with Linux and script languages (esp. Python, Bash/Shell)
- Experience in using issue tracking software or tools is preferred (esp. Atlassian Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket).
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Experience in technical writing, technical drawings and documentation of mechatronics system is preferred.
- Basic understanding of robotics system including sensors, actuators, mechanical and software systems.
- Ability to think logically and remove bias from evaluation of problems.
- Ability to learn.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and creative thinking
- Flexible schedule and willing to attend evening/night meetings
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.