Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
About this position
The Vehicle Systems team is responsible for the integration of Aptiv's self driving vehicle software with the self driving hardware platform. A successful candidate will utilize their broad knowledge of software, electrical, and mechanical systems to derive system requirements and to work with other engineering stakeholders to ensure successful integration of the system. Currently our team is seeking a candidate with experience in high performance embedded compute systems, specifically in the areas of ARM, x86, GPGPU, and FPGA systems.
What you'll work on:
- Responsible for successful integration of new compute platforms with the self driving system
- Communicate with other engineering disciplines to elicit hardware requirements and resolve issues
- Generate system documentation, including technical requirements, ICDs, and test plans
- Work with System Architects to help develop component architectures
- Perform component integration, validation testing and write test reports
- Act as primary technical interface with external suppliers
What you'll bring:
- BS/MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 3-5 years experience
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams including software, electrical, and mechanical engineering teams
- Experience working within a systems engineering or design release process
- Experience writing and controlling Requirements, ICDs, Test Processes, and Reports
- Experience with developing rugged computing assemblies using air and liquid cooling technologies
- Knowledge of commercial and automotive system interfaces such as 10/100/Gigabit Ethernet, Automotive Ethernet, CAN/CAN-FD, LIN, LVDS
- Knowledge of embedded software and firmware, including BIOs, Real time OSes, and GPGPU and FPGA programming tools
- Experience with ARM, x86, FPGA, and Graphics processing
- Familiarity with an automotive or aerospace development process a plus
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.