We care about you and while there's no place like home, Corteva comes close. Corteva Agriscience is hiring a Infrastructure Technician at our Pittsburg CA site! In this role, you will administer, organize and coordinate activities in support of buildings and infrastructure in a large industrial park in accordance with established procedures and safe work practices. Our ideal candidates will be passionate about continuous improvement and utilize their discretionary time to enable sustainable performance results for the facility. Top candidates will be team-players who effectively work with team members, contractors, and stakeholders to efficiently anticipate and resolve unplanned events. We welcome hardworking candidates with mechanical backgrounds to apply and become part of our team! If you’re ready for your next career adventure, apply today!
Please note there is no relocation allowance or VISA sponsorship available for this position.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Enjoy competitive wages based on qualifications, education, and experience.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities – What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Ensure safe, reliable and efficient operation of Corteva and tenant facilities across an 860 acre manufacturing industrial park.
- Participate in Immediate Response activities and site drills.
- Escalate issues appropriately based on impact to achieving goals.
- Work with team members and other functional teams to leverage skills to ensure assigned tasks are completed by due dates.
- Effectively communicate activities, opportunities, and issues per facility communication policies and tools.
- Perform equipment troubleshooting, minor repairs, first line maintenance, improvements and preventative maintenance, utilizing appropriate policies, processes and disciplines.
- Follow Operating Discipline policies, principles, procedures, standards and practices.
Requirements – Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Growing your skills and your career is extremely important to you and you’re looking for a company like Corteva where you have the opportunity to do just that!
- When you see a problem, you look for a way to fix it. You are solutions focused.
- You have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- You have your High School Diploma/GED or higher.
- You possess a current, valid US driver’s license.
- You are comfortable with physical labor and heights and are willing and able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation: Climb stairs/ladders and work high off the ground while using all fall-protection equipment and protocols. Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work outside in inclement weather.
- Safely drive/operate a forklift, manlift, scissor lift, or motor vehicle.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- You value the safety of yourself and your co-workers and will eagerly participate in safe work practices, on-the-job safety, and work safety programs, including wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) daily.
- You have basic or higher-level computer and software skills.
- You work well with people and are able to work effectively with individuals and teams.
- You are able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- You understand that the company’s viability and performance is directly tied to your job security, so you are willing and able to work overtime and weekends as needed to meet business needs.
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- An Associate Degree or Technical/Trade School Degree.
- Mechancial aptitude.
- 1-3 years of experience in manufacturing or trade crafts such as plumbing, pipe fitting, etc.
- 4 years of military experience.
- Experience with occupational safety programs and procedures.
- Experience with metrics and KPI’s.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!